Building on Being Two Project
The Building on Being Two Project was funded by the Department for Education (DfE). The project was in conjunction with Pen Green Research Base and nine Early Years Teaching Centres throughout the Country. The participating Centre’s were Bognor Regis, Bristol, Haringey, Pen Green, Birmingham, Warwickshire, Accrington, Charnwood and Bram Longstaffe.
The project involved:-
- sharing expertise between each other and for practitioners to gain from working together across the network of settings.
- improving the provision for two year olds through offering staff professional development within the Private Voluntary and Independent (PVI) networks in each locality. Particularly offering pathways into higher education, level 4 and level 6 training, mapping and tracking children’s progress with a focus on transition.
- mapping two-year-old provision in each locality.
- considering the needs of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and children at risk of exclusion.
- reflecting on SEND reforms with families.
- parental advocacy through parent and professional locality networks.
- developing professional locality networks, for example health visitor and portage teams.