Special Education Needs Useful Links

The following links to websites are provided as a means of support for parents and professionals for accessing further information regarding SEND.

Parental Special Education Advice (Known as IPSEA) is a registered charity. IPSEA offers free and independent legally based information, advice and support to help get the right education for children and young people with all kinds of special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities.
Find information regarding: Transition, Local Authority duties, School duties, Early Health and Care (EHC) needs assessments, Early Health and Care (EHC) plans, changing an Early Health and Care (EHC) plan, Personal budgets/direct payments, Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Tribunal, Mediation, Challenging decisions, Jargon buster, FAQ by topic, Special Educational Needs (SEN) and disability law, Important case law, Model letters, Mental capacity, Exclusion from school, Disability discrimination, Home to school/college transport, Still have a statement?

SEND: guide for parents and carers
A guide on the support system for children and young people with special educational needs and disability (SEND)
Find information regarding: Special educational needs and disabilities: a guide for parents and carers document and details

SEND support: easy-read guide for parents
A guide for parents with learning disabilities, explaining changes to the special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) system.
Find information regarding: Changes to the special educational needs and disability support system: easy read guide for parents - document

Contact a Family

A national charity for families with disabled children providing information, advice and support. They bring families together so they can support each other. They campaign to improve their circumstances and for their right to be included and equal in society.

Find information regarding: Medical information, Knowing your rights, Advice and support, How to get involved and Professionals working with families

Information, Advice and Support Services Network for SEND
The Information, Advice and Support Services Network (IASS Network) supports and promotes the work of Information, Advice and Support (IAS) Services across England. They are based a the Council for Disabled Children.
Find information regarding: Finding your local service, Advice and support services, Parents, children and young people resources

High Five
Is a Lancashire group based in Chorley, providing activities supporting disabled children and their families. High Five is a group run by volunteer parents.
Find information regarding: Events and fundraising

Special Needs Jungle
Parent-led information, resources and informed opinion about Children and Young People with Special Needs, Disability, Health Conditions and Rare Diseases.
Find information regarding: Legal matters, SEND Reforms and Legal links, Resources and community news and events, health, SEND Research, Special Needs Jungle Training, glossary of SEND terms

EHCP Journeys
Education Health and Care Plans for Children and Young People with SEN and Disabilities.This ASK Research, Department for Education and Department for Health website shows the EHC process from the perspective of families and aims to support areas to improve local services.
Find information regarding: Parents views about their experiences of the EHC process, including their likes and expectations about the process. Listen to and learn from families' experiences, Read families’ journeys through the EHC process and Checking local practice.

Important Notices: We currently have 15 and 30 hour funded places available to start straight away, in April and September 2020. Applications are available from reception or give us a call for more information